The Colonel Francis Beatty Park is a beautiful nature preserve and community center that sits on 265-acres. There are a variety of learning and event opportunities at the Colonel Francis Beatty Park.
Here are some more interesting facts about the Colonel Francis Beatty Park:
- Visitors have many athletic opportunities at the Colonel Francis Beatty Park because the park includes; two lighted basketball courts, six tennis courts, five lighted soccer fields, two softball fields, and four horseshoe pits.
- Sports aren’t the only fitness option there. Visitors can explore the various walking and mountain biking trails, or head to the lake to kayak, fish, or canoe.
- After exploring the Park, visitors can relax in one of the indoor shelters, picnic areas, or picnic shelters. The picnic areas even offer grills, so visitors can bring their own food and freshly grill it with their loved ones.
- Children can also enjoy the outdoors because the Park has two playgrounds.
- Check out one of the special programs hosted at the amphitheater. Events change throughout the year, so make sure to check out the park’s website to plan ahead.
- Restrooms are located within the park.
- Special events, such as conferences and weddings, can be hosted at the Colonel Francis Beatty Park. It even has an entire wedding team, which can help couples book and plan their wedding, as well as choose vendors.
- Be sure to check out the park’s website and give them a call for more information about hosting a special event on the grounds.
Charlotte Water Filtration to the Colonel Francis Beatty Park is a 28-min, 16-mile drive via US-74 E/E Independence Blvd and Monroe Rd.