When it comes to residential water filtration systems, it’s vital to choose an efficient water filter that’s tough on all kinds of contaminants but easy on your plumbing fixtures and appliances. The water filter you’ll choose for your residential space should fit your unique needs. It should address some of the common water issues in Charlotte, NC and the surrounding areas, such as the following:
- Discoloration or staining
- Debris and sediments
- Chlorine smell and taste
- Rotten egg smell
- Metallic taste
- Hard water
How to Choose the Right Residential Water Filtration
Before selecting a water filtration system for your home, be sure to do the following:
- Have your water tested by a reputable laboratory.
- Identify your water source (well, pond, lake etc.).
- Research about your location and history of your municipal or residential water source.
- Set aside an upfront budget for the installation and maintenance costs.
A residential water filtration system works on removing unwanted impurities from your tap or drinking water, including bacteria, odor, taste, sediment, and other water-related issues. The filtration process commonly undergoes 3 procedures namely: filtering, softening, and lastly is disinfection. The type of filtration system to choose will depend on your requirements and the water’s impurities. For instance, problems with bacteria like E-coli are best addressed with an ozonation system. If you have a problem with hard water which leaves stains and spots on dishes, then a water softener or an under-the-sink reverse osmosis filter would be best.
Trust Charlotte Water Filtration for Quality Water Filtration Systems
At Charlotte Water Filtration, we provide a complete range of high-performance water filtration systems that eliminates all types of bad elements in your water. Our team ensures that every water filter is designed to create safe, clean, and healthy water for you and your family. Whether you use water for cooking, shower, laundry, or drinking, you can have peace of mind that you have a quality water supply with us.
Why Get a Residential Water Filtration System
While some contaminants in your water aren’t that much destructive to our body, others may be dangerous when consumed at high amounts. These harmful contaminants should be eliminated from your water through a residential water filtration system. For any home, getting a water filtration system is a must as we don’t know what’s in the water we drink and used for bath, cooking, and laundry.
Here are important reasons why you should get one for your Charlotte, NC home:
- You’re guaranteed that you’re drinking safe and clean water. Your tap water may look and smell clean, but what you don’t know is that there are microorganisms that may be lurking on it. Unless it’s filtered or purified, your tap water may not be safe to drink. By investing in a residential water filtrationsystem, you have nothing to worry about the quality of your drinking water. Plus, you can rest easy knowing you’re getting clean and healthy water for you and your family.
- You feel clean and fresh after every shower. There’s nothing better than taking a hot or cold shower after a long day. But, are you sure your water is contaminant-free? Bathing with contaminated water is hazardous for your body. It can cause irritation and dryness on your skin and other potential health issues. But once you get a water filtration system installed, you can shower at ease knowing you’re using filtered and clean water.
- Your appliances and plumbing fixtures live longer. Unfiltered water may cause minerals to build up and harden on your appliances and plumbing fixtures over time. If neglected, your appliances may retire earlier than expected. The purpose of a water filter is to ensure that your water supply is safe not just for you, but your appliances as well. Filtered water helps your systems last longer.
Types of Residential Water Filtration System
Thinking about which residential water filtration system is most suitable for your home? Take a look at these commonly used residential water filters for your options.
- Activated Carbon Block Filtration: If you want one that’s very effective in eliminating the odor and taste of chlorine in water, then an activated carbon filter is best for you. It also reduces contaminants like VOCs (volatile organic compounds). It works by removing all impurities in the water using positively charged carbon.
- Sediment Filtration: This one is best at removing sediments, such as sand, rust, dust, and heavy metals on your home water. A sediment filter also works compatibly as a pre-filter with other filtration systems like reverse osmosis and activated carbon filtration. You can have this filtration system at home at a low cost.
- Reverse Osmosis; Reverse osmosis water filter produces clean drinking water by separating almost 99% inorganic pollutants from water, including chlorine and pesticides. It’s considered the strongest filtration system to remove a majority of contaminants in your drinking water.
- Ion Exchange (IX): This filtration process is utilized to soften hard water and remove all unwanted dissolved ions from your water supply. The dissolved ions are replaced with other ions which have similar electrical charges. Aside from being inexpensive, the ion-exchange method is also effective against all kinds of dissolved inorganics water contaminants. It can eliminate fluoride, arsenic, uranium, nitrates, chromium, magnesium, iron, and more.
- Distillation: This process has been a well-known water purification process since then. Distillation is as popular as reverse osmosis and active carbon filter, but it does well in purifying your drinking water.Distillation works by heating the evaporated water to its boiling point. The steam produced is then condensed into purified or distilled water. During the process, the contaminants in the water are discarded.
- Ultraviolet (UV) Disinfection: UV technology is often used to kill and eliminate microorganisms like E.coli, protozoa, and bacteria from water sources like lakes, wells, or streams. It’s also effective in combating chlorine-resistant microbes and destroying up to 99% of microbiological pollutants in the water. Ultraviolet technology is a fast and reliable disinfection and filtration process at a low operating cost. Plus, it’s safe for the environment.
- Activated Alumina Filter: This residential water filtration system is designed to eliminate thallium, arsenic, fluoride, and selenium in water. An activated alumina filter is effective in treating fluoridated tap water, removing about 99% of fluoride from your tap water.
Talk to our experts at Charlotte Water Filtration for the right type of water filtration system for your home.