Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
The Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden is located in Belmont, North Carolina and welcomes guests to a sprawling 380 acres full of unforgettable nature along Lake Wylie’s banks. Here are a few more interesting facts about the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden:
- Daniel J. Stowe was a textile executive who purchased the land the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden sits on in 1991.
- Stowe and his wife Alene were lifelong nature enthusiasts who loved gardening and wanted to create a complex that would evolve over time and become one of the most recognized botanical gardens.
- Opened in 1999, the Visitor Pavilion is 13,500 square-feet and contains century old stained-glass.
- Admission prices vary, but children under two-years-old are free.
- The Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden has nine gardens, each offering different flora and fauna.
- The Orchid Conservatory displays a variety of tropical greenery.
- In addition to gardens, the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden offers walking trails.
- The Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden offers a variety of events, exhibits, programs, and classes throughout the year for all ages throughout the year. The Garden Adventure Camp is one of their most beloved programs, which enables children to explore sustainability, conservation, and foster a connection and appreciation for nature.
- Whether you’re interested in tying the knot, having a photoshoot, or hosting a corporate event, the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden can be rented for private events.
Via I-85 S, the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden is a 32-minute drive (22.8 miles) to Charlotte Water Filtration.
Learn About the U.S. National Whitewater Center | Go Back Home